Subject: Re: Opinions on Anders Norlander's new headers/libs?
From: [email-masked] (bowman)

1 Jan 1999 18:33:01 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Anders Norlander <[email-masked]>,
        Cygwin <[email-masked]>

Anders Norlander wrote:
> 
> I built egcs-1.1.1 with the new headers and I didn't have any problems.

One problem I have just hit: using getcwd requires the unistd.h, which
also pulls in /sys/types.h. This results in a redefinition of the u_*
types, and FD_CLR etc.

I had tentatively added the SEEK_* definitions to your files, and they
get redefined, too. SEEK_* and u_* are the same, so no harm other than
the warnings. However the FD_* are different. #define
_GNU_H_WINDOWS32_SOCKETS is in Sockets.h to prevent this. Does the
__INSIDE_CYGWIN__ patch accomplish the same thing, or is this a separate
issue?
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".