Subject: Re: Opinions on Anders Norlander's new headers/libs?
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

31 Dec 1998 06:06:58 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Mumit Khan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Mumit Khan wrote:
[...]
> As some of you already know, Anders has released his LPGL'd headers and
> import libraries for windows32 api, and it's definitely worth taking a
> a closer look to see if we can replace the current set with his.

After a little less than a day's work, I have Anders' headers and def
files all working with Cygwin in our source tree.  tcl/tk/tix/itcl all
compile fine as well.

I did have to go through winsock.h and add the requisite
__INSIDE_CYGWIN__ ifdefs to support Cygwin's confusing but necessary
internal mixing of Winsock socket calls and Unix socket
structures/definitions.  That was the most time-consuming thing.
But the headers were missing a few defines mostly related to console
I/O, I also had to adjust a few @xx values in kernel32.def to get
cygwin1.dll to link, etc.  But so far so good...

I'd be happy to hear any opinions as to completeness vs. the existing
headers.

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".