Subject: b20.1: build question
From: [email-masked] (Kevin Schnitzius)

30 Dec 1998 19:28:06 -0800
Message-ID: <179AA48D1741D211821700805FFE241873CA83.cygnus.gnu-win32@HQMAIL02>
To: [email-masked]

On my NT4.0 box, should I be able to:

1.  Download dev-src_tar.b2
2.  Uncompress and untar it.
3.  From a new obj directory, type 'configure --host=i586-pc-cygwin32
--prefix=/install'
3a. Muck about with the newlib configuration to get it to work.
4.  Do a 'make'
5.  Drop the obj/i586-pc-cygwin32/winsup/new-cygwin1.dll into my current
toolset?

This doesn't seem to work -- I get access violations immediately.  Is this
supposed to
work?  Or, do I have to build everything from the same source with the same
compiler?

Also, I was unable to do a 'make install' which failed during gcc
installation.

Any clues?

Kevin
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".