Subject: DDD Debugger
From: [email-masked] (Fabio Somenzi)

30 Dec 1998 19:00:00 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Przemyslav Gawronski writes:

> What is needed by the DDD debugger...

I've tried (so far unsuccessfully) to port DDD 3.1.2 to
b20.1/Windows98.  I have an executable that creates the main DDD
window, but fails to connect to gdb. Alternatively, it fails to locate
the X libraries when run with --check-configuration.

In both cases the problem is with calls to popen. I posted a message a
few days ago asking for help in figuring out this popen problem, but
no takers yet. Too bad, because DDD is a superb front-end to gdb (and
other debuggers).

At any rate, this is what you need to get as far as I got:

1. An X server. I currently use the free server by Microimages:
   http://tnt.microimages.com/www/html/freestuf/mix/

2. X libraries. I have downloaded the precompiled libraries from
   Andy Piper's ftp site http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/.

3. Lesstif libraries. Check http://www.lesstif.org.

4. And of course ddd itself: http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/softech/ddd

Some configuation work is required.

I would recommend starting from the "related sites" on the Cygnus Web
site. They give good detailed instructions on how to set up X with
cygwin.

As you may already know, there is a precompiled ddd for
b19. Unfortunately, it looks for libXpm.dll which is not in the
precompiled X libraries for b20.

Fabio

-- 
Fabio Somenzi          | Phone: 303-492-3466
University of Colorado | Fax:   303-492-2758
ECE Dept.              | Email: [email-masked]
Boulder CO 80309-0425  | WWW:   http://vlsi.colorado.edu/~fabio
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".