Subject: Re: Can outsiders get simple questions answered?
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Faylor)

30 Dec 1998 18:17:04 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Dan Hensley <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

On Wed, Dec 30, 1998 at 02:24:19PM -0700, Dan Hensley wrote:
>But it still looks like tcsetattr isn't able to set all of my
>attributes correctly, namely:
>
>iflag: ICRNL
>cflag: CREAD

Neither of these is implemented by Cygwin.

>I'm also finding some other strange behavior:
>* When I set both serial port and keyboard for polling by select, and I
>enter something via serial port, it FD_ISSET() correctly tells me that
>the serial port had the input.  However, read() locks up my bash
>session (or at least won't return control--I can still type) when I try
>to read the buffer after serial port input.  I believe this may be due
>to ICRNL not being set.  Any thoughts?

Since Cygwin doesn't currently do anything but raw reads on the serial
port, you're probably seeing a wait while your buffer fills up.  You
can work around this by doing one byte reads or by playing with VMIN
or VTIME although neither of those is fully implemented either.

>* When I set both serial port and keyboard for polling by select, and I
>enter something via the keyboard, FD_ISSET() tells me that both the
>keyboard and the serial port had input.

My test case doesn't show this.  Sorry.

-chris
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".