Subject: Re: [Beta-20.1 Win95osr2] Make problem with shell commands
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

30 Dec 1998 11:45:57 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: "Andrew M. Bishop" <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin users <[email-masked]>

---"Andrew M. Bishop" <[email-masked]> wrote:
Hi Andrew,
> 
> I have had two answers to this question by e-mail and both have told
> me to make sure that /bin/sh.exe == /bin/bash.exe.  This advice is
> however a contradiction to the FAQ which states that the /bin/sh.exe
> should be the sh.exe from the installation.  Can I therefore ask that
> the FAQ be corrected on this point.
> 

NO! /bin/sh.exe should _now_ (for version b20) be the original.

> Unfortunately changing /bin/sh to be bash did not solve the problem.
> 
> The operation of the '[' program should not be affected by which shell
> it is running under provided that shell is a Bourne shell replacement.

The following may correct this problem:

cp test.exe [.exe

==
-                        \\||//
-------------------o0O0--Earnie--0O0o-------------------
--                [email-masked]               --
-- http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html --
----------------------ooo0O--O0ooo----------------------

PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".