Subject: Re: [Beta-20.1 Win95osr2] Make problem with shell commands
From: [email-masked]

30 Dec 1998 11:09:02 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

In a message dated 12/30/98 3:07:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[email-masked] writes:

<< I have had two answers to this question by e-mail and both have told
 me to make sure that /bin/sh.exe == /bin/bash.exe.  This advice is
 however a contradiction to the FAQ which states that the /bin/sh.exe
 should be the sh.exe from the installation.   >>
The advice to use bash.exe as /bin/sh.exe applies to W95 using coolview.  For
b20.1 the FAQ is correct.  Unfortunately, the make and certain other binaries
supplied with b20.1 have been failing on my W95/OSR25/USB.  The long way
around this, which worked for me, is to rebuild b20.1 and make-3.77 in place,
using make-3.77 running with B19/coolview and CFLAGS,CXXFLAGS including -Os.
I had a small configuration problem with gdb, which others have not seen.
Possibly, writing a working make.exe into the full.exe installation would
enable a rebuild.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".