Subject: Re: Standard C++.
From: [email-masked] (Greg Chicares)

29 Dec 1998 14:29:50 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: GNUWin32 <[email-masked]>

Jens Yllman wrote:
> I only have the draft from april 1995 to look at.

You can get a 1997 draft here:
  http://www.maths.warwick.ac.uk/cpp/pub/wp/html/cd2/
I believe that is the last free public draft.

> But to me it looks like gcc is not able to handle all the new
> things in the standard. And the standard C++ library is not fully
> implemented. 

I don't believe any compiler has implemented the full standard yet.
There may be some things in the 1995 standard that have been
changed since then. Is there a particular feature you're looking for?

> Is the standard accepted by ISO and ANSI? 

It was formally adopted several months ago. That helps explain why
the compiler writers still haven't implemented everything yet.

> When I talk gcc I mainly talk about the cygnus version.
> But I also  use gcc on Solaris, HP-UX and Linux from time to time.

Egcs is the version that's actively being developed. If you have
an earlier gcc version, for instance 2.8, that's different: I hear
that no one is working on that anymore.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".