Subject: Re: #include <.string>
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

29 Dec 1998 14:06:14 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998 [email-masked] wrote:

> Did you use the -mno-cygwin flag when compiling?  I found there are some
> problems with that and the std C++ libraries that give you a
> STATUS_ACCES_VIOLATION.  Hope this helps a bit,
> 

Yes, it's a problem with the -mno-cygwin flag and mingw32 alloc.h file,
which gets included instead of STL alloc.h when compiling. Here's the
fix:  Dump the mingw32 alloc.h, which is useless now, and even MS has
dropped it in the newer VC releases (since 2.0?).

  $ cd /cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/i586-cygwin32/include/mingw32]
  $ mv alloc.h mingw_alloc.h

Now, it should work again. It doesn't happen with mingw32 egcs
distribution since there the C++ include directory is searched *before*
the C ones, but -iwithprefixbefore changes that order. 

This way of running GCC is subtly broken unfortunately, but since I have 
no better solution at the moment, let's just dump alloc.h.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".