Subject: Re: Cygwin with sockets
From: [email-masked] (Warren Young)

29 Dec 1998 13:39:14 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: [email-masked] (Warren Young)
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

At 11:10 AM 12/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I am trying to compile a C program for native win32 execution using BSD
>type sockets. I am getting unresolved references to the socket calls.
>Are they in a library that I need to include?

Most of these calls are in the Winsock API, which you can use without the
Cygwin library.  However, your error log also shows a call to ioctl() which
is not supported by Winsock.  Winsock does have the ioctlsocket() call, but
it does not support as many options as Cygwin's ioctl() does, so you may
run into limitations.

Also, you use bzero().  This is almost certainly in the Cygwin (libc,
actually) libraries.  Use memset() instead.

Good luck,

= Warren -- http://www.cyberport.com/~tangent/
= ICBM Address: 36.8274040 N, 108.0204086 W, alt. 1714m
=
= Big whirls have little whirls / Which feed on their velocity,
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".