Subject: Opinions on Anders Norlander's new headers/libs?
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

28 Dec 1998 17:28:26 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Cygwin/Mingw/etc users:

As some of you already know, Anders has released his LPGL'd headers and
import libraries for windows32 api, and it's definitely worth taking a
a closer look to see if we can replace the current set with his.

I've looked at it briefly, and whatever problems I had the last time I
looked, Anders seems to have fixed it in his Dec 6 update. However,
there're lots more to the API than I or the software I build uses, and
it's too risky for me to change the API headers for the next mingw
release.

I'd like opinion from folks who're using it right now and hopefully we can
pinpoint the various missing pieces, if any outside of the TODO list, and
bugs in the headers. 

It's too risky for upcoming egcs-1.1.1 binaries for mingw, but perhaps I
can package it up as an "alternate" set of headers and libraries so that
it gets some real life use.

I'd appreciate your comments on this.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".