Subject: Cygwin with sockets
From: [email-masked] (Fasula, William)

28 Dec 1998 14:33:15 -0800
Message-ID: <c=US%a=_%p=NASD%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

I am trying to compile a C program for native win32 execution using BSD
type sockets. I am getting unresolved references to the socket calls.
Are they in a library that I need to include?

gcc -mno-cygwin clientia.c

C:\Temp\ccInbJjP.o(.text+0x52):clientia.c: undefined reference to `recv'
C:\Temp\ccInbJjP.o(.text+0x1bd):clientia.c: undefined reference to
`send'
C:\Temp\ccInbJjP.o(.text+0x838):clientia.c: undefined reference to
`ioctl'
C:\Temp\ccInbJjP.o(.text+0x862):clientia.c: undefined reference to
`gethostname'
C:\Temp\ccInbJjP.o(.text+0x8ce):clientia.c: undefined reference to
`gethostbyname'
C:\Temp\ccInbJjP.o(.text+0x90b):clientia.c: undefined reference to
`inet_ntoa'
C:\Temp\ccInbJjP.o(.text+0x93a):clientia.c: undefined reference to
`bzero'
C:\Temp\ccInbJjP.o(.text+0x975):clientia.c: undefined reference to
`htons'
C:\Temp\ccInbJjP.o(.text+0x98c):clientia.c: undefined reference to
`socket'
C:\Temp\ccInbJjP.o(.text+0x9d7):clientia.c: undefined reference to
`connect'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".