Subject: [Beta-20.1 Win95osr2] Make problem with shell commands
From: [email-masked] (Andrew M. Bishop)

28 Dec 1998 00:28:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I am having a problem with make and some shell commands that do not
work as expected.  They are just simple file tests using the '['
program.

When I run them at the console they work, but putting them into a
Makefile stops them from working.

-------------------- transcript --------------------
BASH.EXE-2.02$ touch foo
BASH.EXE-2.02$ ls -l
total 1
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone       59 Dec 27 10:33 Makefile
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone        0 Dec 27 10:33 foo

BASH.EXE-2.02$ [ -x foo ] || echo no
no
BASH.EXE-2.02$ [ ! -x foo ] || echo yes

BASH.EXE-2.02$ [ -x foo.exe ] || echo no
no
BASH.EXE-2.02$ [ ! -x foo.exe ] || echo yes

BASH.EXE-2.02$ cat Makefile
all:
        [   -x foo ] || echo no
        [ ! -x foo ] || echo yes
BASH.EXE-2.02$ make
[   -x foo ] || echo no
[ ! -x foo ] || echo yes
yes
-------------------- transcript --------------------

-- 
Andrew.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew M. Bishop                             [email-masked]
                                      http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".