Subject: No output on `who', no syslogs, incorrect working remote progs
From: [email-masked] (Corinna Vinschen)

27 Dec 1998 17:29:27 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], Sergey Okhapkin <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I have some problems:

- How is it possible, to get correct output on `who'

- Why doesn't syslogd log anything? Do I have to use the option -p,
  to set another log socket?

- inetd is running, configured to start in.telnetd, in.ftpd, in.rexecd,
  in.rlogind, in.rshd and in.talkd. Telnet and ftp are working, but
  rlogin prints:
	rlogin: Connection closed.

  and rsh, rexec are hanging after invocation.

  talk prints:
	[no connection yet]
	[Your party is not logged on]

What is to do???

Any suggestions appreciated,
Corinna
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".