Subject: IBM's Jikes Java Compiler on Cygwin b20.1
From: [email-masked] (Stipe Tolj)

24 Dec 1998 20:32:29 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: GNU-Win32 <[email-masked]>

Has anyone build and tested successfully the open sourced Jikes Java
Compiler available at IBM Research site at

	http://www.research.ibm.com/jikes/

I managed to build at least an exetuable using Cygwin b20.1, here is my
test session:

(note: long.o had to be compiled using b19.3 since I'm getting an
internal compiler error using b20.1)

$ make
....
ld -L. -o jikes.exe jikes.o scanner.o code.o zip.o unzip.o ast.o
diagnose.o parser.o lpginput.o lcase.o javaact.o error.o set.o symbol.o
lookup.o depend.o stream.o op.o control.o modifier.o system.o bytecode.o
body.o decl.o definite.o dump.o expr.o getclass.o init.o double.o
config.o option.o incrmnt.o case.o long.o -lstdc++ -lgcc -lcrtdll
-lcygwin -lkernel32
ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _mainCRTStartup; defaulting to
00401000
$ ll jikes.exe
-rwxr-xr-x	1 tolj	None		6056230 Dec 24 19:51 jikes.exe*
$ jikes
[main] c:\mount\vol\jikesos\jikes\src\jikes.exe 1023 (0) spawn_guts:
wait failed: nwait 3, pid 1023,  winpid -103261, error 6
[main] jikes 1023 (0) spawn_guts: waitbuf[0] 0x1A 0
[main] jikes 1023 (0) spawn_guts: waitbuf[1] 0xB = 0

and a gdb session:

$ gdb
(gdb) file jikes.exe
Reading symbols from jikes.exe...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /vol/jikesos/jikes/src/jikes.exe
bff30000://D/WIN95/SYSTEM/GDI32.DLL
bff60000://D/WIN95/SYSTEM/USER32.DLL
bfed0000://D/WIN95/SYSTEM/ADVAPI32.DLL
61000000:/bin/CYGWIN1.DLL
bff70000://D/WIN95/SYSTEM/KERNEL32.DLL
7fd40000://D/WIN95/SYSTEM/CRTDLL.DLL
gdb: unknown target exception 0xc000000c at 0x00401000

Program received signal ?, Unknown signal.
0x401000 in _image_base__ () at jikes.cpp:16
16	int main(int argc, char *argv[])
(gdb) quit

Never had such problems, any suggestions or hints?!

Any help in getting Jikes runnig is welcome. I'm using Cygwin b20.1 on a
Win95/98 box.

Regards,
Stipe

-- 
Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
Cygwin Porting Project
Department of Economical Computer Science        
University of Cologne, Germany                  
http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~tolj

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".