Subject: Re: are these warnings actually something to worry about?
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

24 Dec 1998 16:32:39 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Mikey <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Mikey wrote:

> After recompiling b20.1 gcc with Alastair J. Houghton's unnamed struct/union
> patch, I receive the following warnings when compiling winsup && winsup/utils.
> 
> This is probably more appropriately asked in comp.programers.c++ or something, but
> I thought that since anyone here, who would know the answer, would already be
> familiar with the code, this might be better ;^).

I would worry simply because it's complaining about valid code! I haven't 
looked at the patch in quite a while now, but I do remember being unsure
about certain changes it made, that's the primary reason I didn't push for 
its inclusion (probably easily fixable, but my incentive was rather low).

You might also want to take a look at Antonio Mendes de Oliveira Neto 
<[email-masked]> that's archived at egcs-patches. See 
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/egcs-patches/1998-Nov/0501.html.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".