Subject: Mesa Release 3.0 any successes?
From: [email-masked] (Bart Anderson)

23 Dec 1998 21:54:41 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

I tried to build the Mesa Graphics Library release 3.0 with EGCS-MINGW32
1.1.

Has anyone done this before. Paul Garceau wrote some instructions, but
were for 1.0.2 (seemed it should be close enough for me, but ran into
some misunderstandings I'm still working through.

First, the files referenced seem to be integrated, but maybe not fully.
Paul refers to 3.08 beta (I saw a beta 3.1 and rel 3.0) so what are
apples and what are oranges. Found some files in the src\windows
directory that are required? for mingw32 wmesa.c (trying to compile
without them gives errors, so copied the .h files up and now I have

mv libMesaGL.a ../lib
c:\mesa-3.0\src\libmesagl.a => c:\mesa-3.0\lib\libmesagl.a [ok]

Paul also mentions having to change files like nurbs.c but doesn't say
how.
I see
make: Entering directory `c:/mesa-3.0/src-glu'
gcc -c -I../include -I. -DWIN32 -D__WIN32__ -D_WINDOWS -O2
-funroll-loops -fexpe
nsive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -malign-loops=2
-malign-jum
ps=2 -malign-functions=2 nurbs.c
nurbs.c: In function `gluNurbsCallback':
nurbs.c:602: warning: `__stdcall__' attribute directive ignored
nurbs.c:602: `type name' declared as function returning a function
nurbs.c:602: cast specifies function type
make: *** [nurbs.o] Error 1

If Paul or anyone else wants to comment, please do.
I wish to thank the Illustrious Paul Garceau for his Pioneering efforts!
- 
Bartlee A. Anderson     System Test (Interfaces-Tools-Automation-ISDN)
Rockwell International                             Electronic Commerce
300 Bauman Ct.                                [email-masked]
MS 933-605      Opinions my own, not Rockwell's   VOICE (630) 227-8975
Wood Dale, IL 60191                               FAX   (630) 227-8040
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".