Subject: Re: Case sensitivity in filenames
From: [email-masked] (Pierre A. Humblet)

23 Dec 1998 17:32:28 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: [email-masked] (Pierre A. Humblet)
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: "Moore, Paul" <[email-masked]>,
        "'Gnu Win32'" <[email-masked]>

At 10:46 AM 12/23/98 -0000, Moore, Paul wrote:
>Hi,
>I can't believe that this isn't a FAQ, but I've looked and can't find
>it. I've just installed cygwin B20.1, and it appears that the commands
>are treating files case-sensitively. In particular, if I do (from
>COMMAND.COM) "ls *.zip" I get a list of zip files in the current
>directory. But if I do "ls *.ZIP" I get nothing! Now, I understand that
>Unix filenames are case sensitive, but Windows ones aren't and so I
>would expect the command to produce the same results in both cases (or
>at least for there to be an option to make this happen). But it appears
>not...
>
>Can anybody suggest what I'm missing? My CYGWIN environment variable is
>not set at all. Should I set something in it? The documentation doesn't
>show anything which looks relevant.
>
>Thanks,
>Paul Moore
>
In bash:
shopt -s nocaseglob

No idea how to make something like that work from COMMAND.COM

Pierre

>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".