Subject: Case sensitivity in filenames
From: [email-masked] (Moore, Paul)

23 Dec 1998 08:42:22 -0800
Message-ID: <c=UK%a=_%p=Origin-it%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "'Gnu Win32'" <[email-masked]>

Hi,
I can't believe that this isn't a FAQ, but I've looked and can't find
it. I've just installed cygwin B20.1, and it appears that the commands
are treating files case-sensitively. In particular, if I do (from
COMMAND.COM) "ls *.zip" I get a list of zip files in the current
directory. But if I do "ls *.ZIP" I get nothing! Now, I understand that
Unix filenames are case sensitive, but Windows ones aren't and so I
would expect the command to produce the same results in both cases (or
at least for there to be an option to make this happen). But it appears
not...

Can anybody suggest what I'm missing? My CYGWIN environment variable is
not set at all. Should I set something in it? The documentation doesn't
show anything which looks relevant.

Thanks,
Paul Moore

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".