Subject: Re: Please! Help me re-compile b20.1
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

22 Dec 1998 17:47:33 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,
mozza <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I'm having real trouble re-building b20.1.
>
>I've followed the FAQ and setup cygwin as suggested, I've down-
>loaded the source files, but I can't get everything to re-build - I'm 
>expecting to see all the tools re-built (including cp.exe etc.).
>
>I guess it's possible that I've missed some really obvious and silly 
>step out, is anyone prepared to take me through the process of 
>installing, configuring and re-building cygwin 20.1 ? I'll even write it 
>up for the FAQ or produce a HOW-TO.
>
>/obj is 173MB
>/install is 12.5MB
>
>I'm using NT4 SP3, on a machine I don't have LM registry access 
>too (just HKCU). It's a PII 233, 64MB - lots of hard disk space.
>
>My cygcheck, configure, make, install and list of .exe's built are 
>here:
>
>http://www.mozza.demon.co.uk/cygwin/cygcheck.log
>http://www.mozza.demon.co.uk/cygwin/configure.log
>http://www.mozza.demon.co.uk/cygwin/make.log
>http://www.mozza.demon.co.uk/cygwin/install.log
>http://www.mozza.demon.co.uk/cygwin/exedir.log
>
>Thanks a million!

I don't understand.  All of the logs indicate successful operations.
Why do you think you're having troubles?  As far as I can tell everything
completed successfully.

cgf
-- 
[email-masked]
http://www.cygnus.com/