Subject: Matlab mex files and cgywin
From: [email-masked] (Matthew Brett)

22 Dec 1998 07:30:07 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked],
        [email-masked]

Dear Mark, any matlab users on the list, 

Thank you for posting your script, which was helpful. As I mentioned before,
I have versions of the mex scripts for compiling mex files using the
mex command in matlab, but it was useful to compare your version.  I hadn't
done the resource compiling step, for example.

I must admit I was hoping to be able to call unix-like functions from
within the dll.  I have now, with Mumit Khan's kind help, got Cygwin dlls
to initialise properly when called from a non Cgywin application
(vc++ 4.2).  

This uses the parameter

--entry __cygwin_noncygwin_dll_entry@12 

with Mumit's dllwrap utility.

When I try the same technique for matlab dll generation,
just calling the DLL kills matlab stone dead.  I am now at the end of
my ideas of how to pursue this, I really don't have enough experience
of DLL debugging or Cygwin to know what to do next.

If anyone wants example scripts etc I will put them on ftp somewhere, I'd 
be very grateful for any help.

It would be great to be able to compile mex files with gcc, I think
there are a considerable no of people like me that use matlab on unix and
on PC, but without many standard unix functions available, gcc is not
nearly as useful for porting.

Thanks a lot,

Matthew

"Lack of technical competence leads to early mornings of despair"
Matthew Brett 21/12/98
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".