Subject: are these warnings actually something to worry about?
From: [email-masked] (Mikey)

22 Dec 1998 05:12:34 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

After recompiling b20.1 gcc with Alastair J. Houghton's unnamed struct/union
patch, I receive the following warnings when compiling winsup && winsup/utils.

This is probably more appropriately asked in comp.programers.c++ or something, but
I thought that since anyone here, who would know the answer, would already be
familiar with the code, this might be better ;^).

/d/obj/gcc/xgcc -B/d/obj/gcc/ -B/usr/H-i586-cygwin32/i586-cygwin32/lib/ -L/d/obj
/i586-cygwin32/winsup -I/usr/H-i586-cygwin32/i586-cygwin32/include -o ps.exe ../
.../../../src/winsup/utils/ps.cc -g -O2 -I../../../../src/winsup/utils/.. -I../..
/../../src/winsup/utils/../include
In file included from ..\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\winsup.h:32,
                 from ../../../../src/winsup/utils/ps.cc:18:
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\fhandler.h:107: warning: private member
`DWORD fhandler_base::status_' in anonymous class
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\fhandler.h:111: warning: private member
`int fhandler_base::access_' in anonymous class
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\fhandler.h:112: warning: private member
`void * fhandler_base::handle_' in anonymous class
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\fhandler.h:114: warning: private member
`int fhandler_base::rpos_' in anonymous class
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\fhandler.h:115: warning: private member
`int fhandler_base::rsize_' in anonymous class
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\fhandler.h:117: warning: private member
`char fhandler_base::readahead_' in anonymous class
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\fhandler.h:119: warning: private member
`long unsigned int fhandler_base::namehash_' in anonymous class
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\fhandler.h:123: warning: private member
`int fhandler_base::openflags_' in anonymous class
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\fhandler.h:126: warning: protected membe
r `char * fhandler_base::unix_path_name_' in anonymous class
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\fhandler.h:127: warning: protected membe
r `char * fhandler_base::win32_path_name_' in anonymous class
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\fhandler.h:338: warning: private member
`unsigned int fhandler_serial::vmin_' in anonymous class
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\fhandler.h:339: warning: private member
`unsigned int fhandler_serial::vtime_' in anonymous class
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\fhandler.h:340: warning: private member
`pid_t fhandler_serial::pgrp_' in anonymous class
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\fhandler.h:526: warning: private member
`int fhandler_pty_master::pktmode' in anonymous class
In file included from ../../../../src/winsup/utils/ps.cc:18:
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\winsup.h:407: warning: private member `D
WORD per_thread::tls' in anonymous class
...\\..\\..\\..\\src\\winsup\\utils\\..\\winsup.h:408: warning: private member `i
nt per_thread::clear_on_fork_p' in anonymous class

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".