Subject: Can outsiders get simple questions answered?
From: [email-masked] (Dan Hensley)

22 Dec 1998 03:50:59 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Ok, so I'm not at the forefront of porting GNU applications to cygwin,
and I haven't contributed patches, etc.  I get the impression that you
have to be to receive a response to questions.  Or maybe it's because my
question was too simple?  Please, could someone spare me just a minute
of their time to answer my question?  I've already wasted hours trying
to figure it out, and I'm very frustrated because I know the answer is
simple.  I'd look at the source code, but as has been pointed out in
several messages recently, downloading the source through a modem
connection (which is what I've got) is not exactly trivial.  I know the
answer in Linux, I know the answer in MSVC, but I don't know the answer
using cygwin, because the Linux and MSVC answers do not work.

Here's my question:
Using Cygwin b20.1 in tty mode, how do you open the serial ports (using
open() )?

Someone, please help!  I've already asked twice nicely (at least I
thought so) with no responses.

Dan

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".