Subject: Re: Announcing: run-1.1.4
From: [email-masked] (Charles Wilson)

20 Dec 1998 01:23:40 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Charles Wilson wrote:

> <snip>
> The native version was intended as a slightly more functional version of
> XEmacs' runemacs and rungnuclient proglets for the native XEmacs build.

'Course, since gnuclient doesn't yet work on the native build of XEmacs,
this is a moot point.

> The cygwin versions are intended mainly for setting up desktop and Start
> Menu shortcuts to things like rxvt, which use console mode and give
> those dummy console windows.

It does work perfectly well with xemacs & gnuclient, but the "runemacs" and
"rungnuclient" bundled with cygwin-xemacs do the job just as well.
cygwin-xemacs' run* proglets, however, do not work with anything else.

> <snip>

Bye.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".