Subject: Re: win-NT-programs running under win-95(cygwin)?
From: [email-masked]

19 Dec 1998 21:08:51 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

In a message dated 12/19/98 2:23:03 PM Pacific Standard Time, K.Rdt@TU-
Berlin.DE writes:

<< I
 would like to know, if it is possible, to run Win-NT-programs under
 Win-95 (cygwin)? >>
If the programs are compatible with W95, yes.  I do it all the time e.g.
bash.exe-2.02$ lf90 -winconsole *.f | less

bash may use up a little more memory than COMMAND.COM but nothing compared to
the difference between W95 and NT.

But AFAIK cygwin doesn't do anything for programs which require NT facilities
not present in W95.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".