Subject: Re: [ANNONCE] new release of tcsh for B20.1 [was Re: TCSH?]
From: [email-masked] (Corinna Vinschen)

19 Dec 1998 03:07:10 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Joseph M. Reagle Jr. wrote:
> 
> At 01:33 AM 12/18/98 +0100, [email-masked] wrote:
>  >It only works in CYGWIN=...tty... mode.
> 
> I don't have this variable set, is it supposed to be set automatically?

It's automatically set to 'notty' mode. You can set it in
the cygnus.bat file to the values which are of interest to you.
It's important, to set the variable _before_ invoking any
cygwin program.

Options for the CYGWIN environment variable
(written by Michael Weiser, thanks, Michael!):

[no]title       - display command line of currently running process in
                  console title. (default: disabled)
[no]strip_title - works in conjunction with 'title'.  Strips the path
                  spec from what is displayed in the console title bar
                  when the program is run. (default: disabled)
[no]tty         - makes consoles more UN*X-like which improves
                  compatibility with UN*X apps but may cause problems
                  with non-cygwin32 apps. (default: disabled)
[no]binmode     - use 'binmode' as the default open mode when the mode
                  is not otherwise specified in the open or by mount.
                  Does not affect pipes and path specs like //c/foo.
                  (default: disabled)
[no]glob        - do not perform globbing operations on the command
                  line when a cygwin process is being invoked from a
                  non-cygwin shell. (default: enabled)
strace          - a cygwinb19.dll debugging aid.  Setting mask to '1'
                  will cause reams of information about the operation
                  of cygwin to be written to 'file' as cygwin
                  operates. The rest of the bits control the display
                  various cygwin subsystems. For a complete list check
                  out /usr/include/sys/strace.h. The cache setting
                  controls how much strace output will be held in
                  memory before being output to disk.
[no]ntea        - use extended file attributes on Windows NT.
                  (default: disabled)

Regards,
Corinna
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".