Subject: NT Emacs FAQ : Which startup file?
From: [email-masked] (Rui Yang)

18 Dec 1998 21:53:56 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I saw an answer to my question regarding using cygnus' bash shell in NT
Emacs :

==================================================
Why can't I run bash as a shell under NT Emacs?

Place the following code in your startup file and try again: 
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^
(load "comint")
(fset 'original-comint-exec-1 (symbol-function 'comint-exec-1))
(defun comint-exec-1 (name buffer command switches)
  (let ((binary-process-input t)
        (binary-process-output nil))
    (original-comint-exec-1 name buffer command switches)))
===================================================

Which startup file you are talking about? Is it the one (startup.elc) under
NT Emacs' directory  lisp? I put lines provided in FAQ (above) at the end
of that file (startup.elc) and it did not work.

Thanks.

Rui Yang
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".