Subject: RAS will not run.
From: [email-masked] (Roy Souther)

17 Dec 1998 21:31:02 -0800
Message-ID: <000c01be2a00$0715d330$0100a8c0.cygnus.gnu-win32@valhalla>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

My BackOffice Small Business Server (BOSBS) has been running great for 4
months now. Last week I added six more users and now RAS and anything
related to the modem is not working.

If I click on Dial-up Networking or Dial-up Networking Monitor my mouse
turns to an hour glass wait symbol, the HDD starts working and then a few
minutes later the mouse goes back to normal and nothing happens. If a user
tries to proxy out to the Internet they get nothing, ever; because it can't
connect because the dial-up is not working. If I go to Control Panel |
Internet | Connection to try to change the connection type the Internet |
Connection box freezes on the screen, no other running apps are affected but
the Internet | Connection box is dead, it can't be closed, moved, nothing.
And if I look at the Task Manager there is nothing listed and the computer
looks great, lost of RAM and CPU idle is about 92%.

Below is the system I am running.

I was about to uninstall RAS and re-install it to see if that fixes it but
thought I should post a question first. Some people have helped me with this
already but for those that have not seen this posting before I have resent
it.

-Server Hardware
Pentium 233 MHz
64 MB RAM
2.5 GB HDD
4.2 GB HDD
10x Pioneer CD ROM
IDE Zip drive
HP Colorado 3000 Tape drive
2 USR V90 Fax modems COM 3 and COM 4
3Com 100 Mbps NIC, Cat5

-Server Software
Microsoft BackOffice Small Business Server SP1, Full install

-Clients Hardware
Pentium 233 MHz
32 MB RAM
2.5 GB HDD
10x Pioneer CD ROM
3Com 100 Mbps NIC, Cat5

-Clients Software
Windows 98
Office 97
Outlook 98
IE 4.0

Roy Souther
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".