Subject: Re: pdksh and UNC paths
From: [email-masked] ($Bill Luebkert)

17 Dec 1998 21:12:01 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Geoffrey Noer wrote:
> 
> On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 08:35:56AM -0600, Steven Hein wrote:
> [...]
> > I'm pretty sure that I could add this functionality to pdksh, but
> > before I try, has anyone else added this to pdksh?
> 
> Most likely, pdksh is doing something illadvised with its paths like
> stripping multiple leading slashes.  I wouldn't expect it to be too
> hard to fix.
> 
> I really want tcsh to work without having to type "unhash" to start
> off with.  I don't expect that would be too hard to fix either.
> 
> Bash is what most people use (because that's what we've provided in
> the past as the only real shell) so some of these other shells still
> have some kinks to work out.  I would like to ship tcsh with Cygwin
> releases as well; we'll see I guess...

That would be nice.  tcsh, less, man and vi are indispensable for me.
I'm having trouble getting Corinna's tcsh to work.  The native one 
seems to work fine.

-- 
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert   ICQ=14439852
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles   http://www.wgn.net/~dbe/
  / ) /--<  o // //      Mailto:[email-masked]   V3: http://come.to/dbe
-/-' /___/_<_</_</_    http://www.freeyellow.com/members/dbecoll/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".