Subject: Re: pdksh and UNC paths
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

17 Dec 1998 11:11:25 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Steven Hein <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 08:35:56AM -0600, Steven Hein wrote:
[...]
> I'm pretty sure that I could add this functionality to pdksh, but
> before I try, has anyone else added this to pdksh?

Most likely, pdksh is doing something illadvised with its paths like
stripping multiple leading slashes.  I wouldn't expect it to be too
hard to fix.

I really want tcsh to work without having to type "unhash" to start
off with.  I don't expect that would be too hard to fix either.

Bash is what most people use (because that's what we've provided in
the past as the only real shell) so some of these other shells still
have some kinks to work out.  I would like to ship tcsh with Cygwin
releases as well; we'll see I guess...

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".