Subject: Re: Updating to B20.1
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

17 Dec 1998 04:51:32 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: "Dr. Volker Zell" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: Sergey Okhapkin <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
        [email-masked]

---"Dr. Volker Zell" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> 
> 
>     >> B20-built applications do not need to be rebuilt when you
>     >> upgrade to 20.1.  (In fact, you should be able to rename the
>     >> B20 (or 20.1) cygwin1.dll to cygwinb19.dll and continue to use
>     >> your old Cygwin B19 applications with the new library).
> 

However, your application must not call a dll that is dependant on the
cygwin1.dll.  You must use either cygwinb19.dll or cygwin1.dll not
both in the same process tree.

As an alternative to the copy, edit the program.exe file with a binary
editor and search for the cygwinb19.dll reference (there will be only
one) and modify it to be cygwin1.dll<null><null> being careful not to
change the length of the file.

==
-                        \\||//
-------------------o0O0--Earnie--0O0o-------------------
--                [email-masked]               --
-- http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html --
----------------------ooo0O--O0ooo----------------------

PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".