Subject: pdksh and UNC paths
From: [email-masked] (Steven Hein)

16 Dec 1998 18:51:07 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Just a quick pdksh question.

I'm running pdksh 5.2.13, with 20.1 (NT4 SP3) and it's great!  Just one
problem:  the 'cd' command doesn't understand any UNC path notation
(like bash does), so I can't 'cd' onto the network.  (I can if I map
a network path to a local drive letter, then mount that drive letter
to a unix path).  Also, I can't use the "//<drive letter>" notation
to cd to another local drive.

I'm pretty sure that I could add this functionality to pdksh, but
before I try, has anyone else added this to pdksh?

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve Hein ([email-masked])              Engineering Diagnostics/Software
Silicon Graphics, Inc.                          
1050 Lowater Road                     Phone: (715) 726-8410
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729              Fax:   (715) 726-6715
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".