Subject: inetd
From: [email-masked] (Joseph Banta)

15 Dec 1998 18:11:45 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Anyone:

I am having trouble with inetd's user authentication; when I try to telnet in,
I get the login and password prompt, but the valid logins don't work.  I
have tried using the /etc/passwd that mkpasswd creates, to no avail.

I saw in the archives the issues about user priveleges, but I am not sure 
how these are set up; the user I am using is a member of all the administrative
NT groups.  Is there a somewhat complete procedure on installing and 
running inetd ?

I am running NT 4, SP3, beta 19.1 (Sergey)
registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
Rdr\Parameters\EnablePlainTextPassword' is set to 1 for samba

Any help (without the usual scolding) would be appreciated.

Joseph Banta

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".