Subject: Ack! Port from Borland C++ 5.01A to B20.1 buggy!
From: [email-masked] (Mark Fitzgerald)

15 Dec 1998 16:27:06 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hi all.  I'm working on porting a game I've been writing from Borland C++
5.01A to cygwin B20.1.  I've gotten around windowsx.h macros not existing,
and problems with having to link to cygwin1.dll (-mno-cygwin now used).
Now the program runs.  It is a board game with a lot of BitBlt()ing and
StretchBlt()ing.

The problem is that my program will often crash just after processing a
WM_TIMER or a WM_PAINT message.  Occasionally it will crash in WM_PAINT
after a BitBlt() to the screen's device context.  This will occur after,
perhaps, 30 seconds, or 100 moves.

If the same code is compiled using Borland C++, the problem does not
occur.  Is this just a really subtle bug on my part, or is it possible
this is a compiler bug?

I'll run some more tests while waiting for replies.

Mark

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".