Subject: Newbie - exception handling
From: [email-masked] (Tim Hughes)

15 Dec 1998 15:02:08 -0800
Message-ID: <000901be2801$dd6f4d90$862662cb.cygnus.gnu-win32@tim-hughes>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0006_01BE286E.D34635A0"
To: <[email-masked]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BE286E.D34635A0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have NT4 SP3,   egcs-1.1 and coolview.

I am writing v. simple  trial programs & I am not yet sure whether any =
of "try"  "catch" "throw" "except"  "finally"   (all possibly with =
single or double underscore prefixes) are implemented.

I have read stacks of mailing lists - could someone pls indicate a =
reference work, if any, to which the current implementations equate in =
terms of exception handling  (eg Stan Lippman's C++ Primer  edition 2 or =
edition 3)    ?

Regards,              Tim Hughes

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BE286E.D34635A0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D'"MSHTML 4.72.2106.6"' name=3DGENERATOR>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I have NT4 SP3,&nbsp;&nbsp; egcs-1.1 =
and=20
coolview.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I am writing v. simple&nbsp; trial =
programs=20
&amp; I am not yet sure whether any of &quot;try&quot;&nbsp; =
&quot;catch&quot;=20
&quot;throw&quot; &quot;except&quot;&nbsp; =
&quot;finally&quot;&nbsp;&nbsp; (all=20
possibly with single or double underscore prefixes) are=20
implemented.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I have read stacks of mailing lists =
- could=20
someone pls indicate a reference work, if any, to which the current=20
implementations equate in terms of exception handling&nbsp; (eg Stan =
Lippman's=20
C++ Primer&nbsp; edition 2 or edition 3)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000=20
size=3D2>Regards,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Tim Hughes</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BE286E.D34635A0--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".