Subject: Re: cygwin compiled DLLs
From: [email-masked] (Matthew Brett)

15 Dec 1998 11:08:06 -0800
Message-ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.981215101205.14906B-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@jordan>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Mumit Khan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Dear Mumit,

> With b20.1, you can *dynamically* load Cygwin DLL (at least a few
> that I've tested) from MSVC compiled apps, but you do need to build
> it with a different entry point. However, I doubt if you can *link* 
> against a cygwin DLL with a MSVC ones without jumping through hoops
> (and it may still not work in general).
> 
> If you're happy with using GetProcAddress/LoadLibrary, I can send
> you an updated example of how to do this (this will be in the next
> dll-helpers, whenever that will happen I don't know).

Thanks for this reply.  The fog is starting to clear!  I would be
very glad of the updated example, thank you for the offer...

Cheers,

Matthew 
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".