Subject: Re: egcs-1.1 windows headers cause compilation failure in cygwin b20
From: [email-masked] (Martin von Loewis)

14 Dec 1998 22:51:12 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]@LTRPLUIM.corpemea.baynetworks.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by SEMI 1.8.4 - "Takaoka")
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

> 1. Why is this windows stuff getting included when I'm not asking for
>    it?

You are using <direct.h>. This *is*, more or less, 'windows stuff'.

> 2. Isn't this namespace pollution? I must admit I'm not au-fait with
>    all the various standards, and I realise it might all be
>    Microsoft's fault, but couldn't this stuff at least be #ifdef'd
>    somehow?

Same answer. You are using a non-standard header, what do you expect?
Seriously, the standards say what you may define in standard headers.
<direct.h> is not a standard, so it could define anything.

Regards,
Martin
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".