Subject: EGCS Optimisation??
From: [email-masked] (Richard Lyon)

14 Dec 1998 18:34:05 -0800
Message-ID: <000601be276a$ff95b310$71466ccb.cygnus.gnu-win32@rlyon>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I am working on porting the omnetpp discrete-event simulator to cygwin. The
port is basically complete, with exception that some of the code won't
compile correctly when I turn on compiler optimisations. The simulator
startup modules compile and run with option -O0. But, when I turn on the
most basic optimisation -O1, the simulator executable dies with a status
access violation exception. Quickly checking with gdb, shows that some code
is running which should not be reachable. Manually
selecting -fthread-jumps, -fdefer-pop -fomit-frame-pointer doe not causes
any problems. I am using 20.1 on winnt 4.0 and SP4.

When -O1 is selected, what other optimisations are turned on? The gcc info
pages do not specify all
optimisations that are activated by -O1.

Regards .....

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".