Subject: Re: Updating to B20.1
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

13 Dec 1998 23:06:33 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Serguei DACHIAN <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Sat, Dec 12, 1998 at 04:13:42AM +0100, Serguei DACHIAN wrote:
[...]
> I am currently using B20 + Sergey's CoolView and X11R6.4.
> 
> If I upgrade my system to B20.1, will i need to change the X to a one
> specially compiled for B20.1 or not???  What about coolview???  Is there a
> new coolview for B20.1 and do I need one ???  Otherwize, should the old one
> be used with B20.1 or not ???

B20-built applications do not need to be rebuilt when you upgrade to
20.1.  (In fact, you should be able to rename the B20 (or 20.1)
cygwin1.dll to cygwinb19.dll and continue to use your old Cygwin B19
applications with the new library).

Sergey has been doing us all a big favor by providing builds of the
latest Cygnus development snapshot of Cygwin with the latest bug fixes
to the net, often with additional patches of his own.  Although these
are not official Cygnus releases, they are of use to a lot of people
when serious bugs are fixed in development sources but an updated DLL
from Cygnus hasn't been made available yet (usually because of time
contraints).

That said, we will be making more updates to B20 with bug fixes
available periodically so I expect it should be practical to stay with
the official releases...

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".