Subject: Re: emacs: standard input is not a tty
From: [email-masked] (Peter Moulder)

13 Dec 1998 07:10:22 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <13935.5683.658000.626855@BRYCE>
To: Jens Yllman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Jens Yllman <[email-masked]> writes:

>  I would like to get help how to start NT-Emacs from cygwin-bash. I can
> not get it running.

Did you use the script suggested in the INSTALL (or README or
something) file, which sets some environment variables?
(Incidentally, I had to make a few changes to that script, like using
quotes around a few things.)

Also, at least with cygwin B20.0, I've found that running that script
in the foreground works better than in the background (&).

pjm.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".