Subject: help on compiling perl/ nt with cygwin. gnu c lib missing
From: [email-masked] (john z)

11 Dec 1998 18:35:28 -0800
Message-ID: <3.0.5.32.19981211163434.0090e500.cygnus.gnu-win32@pciii>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

im trying to install perl5.05_54 on a brand new nt box. it has a vanilla
setup. b20.1 full was installed and it seemed ok.

when i try the cygwin installation for perl, i get an error that 'gnu c
libary' not found. i modified ld2, and gcc2 and it seemed to pass that test.

can somebody tell me what i am missing. i did NOT install the gnu c library
(thought enough of it came over with full/ egcs.

am i missing some symbols?

(and please dont tell me i should switch to activestate perl). as is just
fine, but i want to use modules not yet supported.

tks
john z.
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".