Subject: Re: Which Modula-3 for Win95 & cygwin-b20.1?
From: [email-masked] (Richard Watts)

11 Dec 1998 11:51:50 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin <[email-masked]>

On Thu 10 December 1998, Klaus Reinhardt
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hello!
>
>A few days ago I heard from cygwin and now I'm very happy about it,
>using on Win-96 for instance the Cygwin-Unix-Shell and below an old
>DOS-Window for my own assembler-programs.
>
>Which (free) Modula-3-Compiler (binary or source) is recommendable
>for Win95 and cygwin-b20.1 and where can I get it? Till now I have
>searched on m3.polymtl.ca, but the 'tree' is full and the net was 
>slow. Archie could help me not very efficiently. 

 Polymtl Modula-3 is the current best distribution - go to
m3.polymtl.ca, select the top of the current release tree, then
fill in the form for a .tgz download.

 If that doesn't work, Cambridge Modula-3 
(http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/m3doc/linux/cambridge.html) should work:
it certainly works with b18, but it's a rather old distribution
and isn't currently maintained (though if you mail me about bugs
I may be able to fix them).

 http://www.m3.org/ has general information, RPMs, etc.

[snip]

Richard.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".