Subject: tar.exe.core dump when un-tarring GNUStep snapshot...
From: [email-masked] (Todd White)

11 Dec 1998 06:40:00 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I was attempting to un-tar the GNUStep snapshot gstep-981209.tar and I
received the following core dump part way through the process:

[main] tar 1011 (0) exception: trapped!
[main] tar 1011 (0) exception: code 0xC0000005 at 0x61050F8A
[main] tar 1011 (0) exception: ax 0x4 bx 0x28 cx 0x0 dx 0x242FAF4
[main] tar 1011 (0) exception: si 0xA040641 di 0x0 bp 0x242FAF8 sp
0x242FADC
[main] tar 1011 (0) exception: exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: Stack trace:
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 0: sp = 0x242F8F0, pc = 0x610098A0
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 1: sp = 0x242F92C, pc = 0x77F94512
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 2: sp = 0x242F950, pc = 0x77F88EEB
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 3: sp = 0x242F9DC, pc = 0x77F76266
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 4: sp = 0x242FAF8, pc = 0x6102A386
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 5: sp = 0x242FC34, pc = 0x6102A410
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 6: sp = 0x242FC48, pc = 0x6100B259
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 7: sp = 0x242FC68, pc = 0x6100CEEA
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 8: sp = 0x242FDBC, pc = 0x6102EA75
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 9: sp = 0x242FDF0, pc = 0x6104FED4
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 10: sp = 0x242FE04, pc = 0x40B345
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 11: sp = 0x242FF04, pc = 0x40D805
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 12: sp = 0x242FF18, pc = 0x415FA6
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 13: sp = 0x242FF2C, pc = 0x6100438A
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: frame 14: sp = 0x242FF88, pc = 0x610043A8
[main] tar 1011 (1) stack: frame 15: sp = 0x242FF94, pc = 0x41DBF2
[main] tar 1011 (0) stack: End of stack trace (more stack frames may be
present)

This seemed to occur when un-tarring the "gui" directory with pinter
file definitions.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".