Subject: libXpm.dll doesn't build with B20.1
From: [email-masked] (Dr. Volker Zell)

10 Dec 1998 08:44:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by SEMI 1.9.0 - "Isurugi")
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: Sergey Okhapkin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygnus <[email-masked]>

Hi

By the way shouldn't your 

 o X11R6.4 diff  -    ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/X11R6.4f03-b20.diff

state the following  (i586 instead of i386): 

< +#define StdIncDir               `CcCmd --print-libgcc-file-name | sed 's:libgcc.a:../../../../i586-cygwin32/include:'|sed 's,\\\\,/,g'`
---
> +#define StdIncDir               `CcCmd --print-libgcc-file-name | sed 's:libgcc.a:../../../../i386-cygwin32/include:'|sed 's,\\\\,/,g'`

and 

vzell:/src/xc/config/imake> diff Makefile.ini Makefile.ini.sergey
41c41
<       $(MV) *.o imake.exe bootstrap
---
>       $(MV) *.o imake bootstrap

Otherwise X11 builds perfect for me with B20.1, but executing bitmap gives me the
following errors. 

vzell:/tmp> bitmap
Warning: Cannot convert string "menu12" to type Pixmap
Warning: Cannot convert string "FlipHoriz" to type Pixmap
Warning: Cannot convert string "Term" to type Pixmap
[main] D:\temp\X11-Volker\X11R6.4\bin\bitmap.exe 1795 (0) handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
[main] bitmap 1795 (0) handle_exceptions: Dumping stack trace to bitmap.exe.core

Another thing:

Building of libXpm.dll

 o    xpm-3.4k   -   ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/libraries/

used to work in B19, but now I get the following:

---------------

:
:
:
gcc -c -O2 -s -mpentium   -I.  -I/usr/X11R6.4/include -I/include  -D__i386__ -DX_LOCALE -D_MT -DNO_TCP_H   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO       WrFFrBuf.c
echo "#include <cygwin/cygwin_dll.h>"		>junk.c
echo "DECLARE_CYGWIN_DLL(dll_main);"		>>junk.c
echo "int WINAPI dll_main(HANDLE a, DWORD reason, void *q)" >>junk.c
echo "{ return 1; }"				>>junk.c
rm -f junk.o
gcc -c -O2 -s -mpentium   -I.  -I/usr/X11R6.4/include -I/include  -D__i386__ -DX_LOCALE -D_MT -DNO_TCP_H   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO       junk.c
rm -f Xpm.def
gcc -E - -traditional -D__i386__ -DX_LOCALE -D_MT -DNO_TCP_H   -DLIBRARY_VERSION=4.11 <Xpm-def.cpp | sed -e '/^#  *[0-9][0-9]*  *.*$/d' -e '/^XCOMM$/s//#/' -e '/^XCOMM[^a-zA-Z0-9_]/s/^XCOMM/#/' >Xpm.def
rm -f libXpm.a
rm -f libXpm.dll
if [ -f /tmp/DLL_BASE_COUNTER ]; then true; \
else echo 0x67000000 > /tmp/DLL_BASE_COUNTER; fi
dllwrap -s --def Xpm.def --output-lib libXpm.a -o libXpm.dll data.o create.o misc.o rgb.o scan.o parse.o hashtab.o 	 CrBufFrI.o CrDatFrP.o CrPFrBuf.o RdFToI.o WrFFrI.o 	 CrBufFrP.o CrIFrBuf.o CrPFrDat.o RdFToP.o WrFFrP.o 	 CrDatFrI.o CrIFrDat.o RdFToDat.o WrFFrDat.o 	 Attrib.o CrIFrP.o CrPFrI.o Image.o Info.o RdFToBuf.o WrFFrBuf.o junk.o  -image-base `cat /tmp/DLL_BASE_COUNTER`
create.o(.text+0x73):create.c: undefined reference to `XParseColor'
create.o(.text+0x89):create.c: undefined reference to `XAllocColor'
create.o(.text+0x2b8):create.c: undefined reference to `XUngrabServer'
create.o(.text+0x31b):create.c: undefined reference to `XUngrabServer'
create.o(.text+0x3a1):create.c: undefined reference to `XUngrabServer'
create.o(.text+0x3ec):create.c: undefined reference to `XGrabServer'
create.o(.text+0x404):create.c: undefined reference to `XQueryColors'
create.o(.text+0x595):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultScreen'
create.o(.text+0x59c):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultVisual'
create.o(.text+0x5c5):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultScreen'
create.o(.text+0x5cf):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultColormap'
create.o(.text+0x6b0):create.c: undefined reference to `XQueryColors'
create.o(.text+0xa5f):create.c: undefined reference to `XFreeColors'
create.o(.text+0xae5):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultScreen'
create.o(.text+0xaef):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultVisual'
create.o(.text+0xb15):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultScreen'
create.o(.text+0xb1f):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultColormap'
create.o(.text+0xb45):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultScreen'
create.o(.text+0xb4f):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultDepth'
create.o(.text+0xee5):create.c: undefined reference to `XCreateImage'
create.o(.text+0x2075):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultScreen'
create.o(.text+0x207f):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultVisual'
create.o(.text+0x20a5):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultScreen'
create.o(.text+0x20af):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultColormap'
create.o(.text+0x20d5):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultScreen'
create.o(.text+0x20df):create.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultDepth'
scan.o(.text+0x59b):scan.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultScreen'
scan.o(.text+0x5a7):scan.c: undefined reference to `XDefaultColormap'
scan.o(.text+0x75c):scan.c: undefined reference to `XQueryColors'
CrIFrP.o(.text+0x33):CrIFrP.c: undefined reference to `XGetGeometry'
CrIFrP.o(.text+0x4e):CrIFrP.c: undefined reference to `XGetImage'
CrPFrI.o(.text+0x20):CrPFrI.c: undefined reference to `XCreatePixmap'
CrPFrI.o(.text+0x42):CrPFrI.c: undefined reference to `XCreateGC'
CrPFrI.o(.text+0x64):CrPFrI.c: undefined reference to `XPutImage'
CrPFrI.o(.text+0x6e):CrPFrI.c: undefined reference to `XFreeGC'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
dllwrap: gcc exited with status 1
make[1]: *** [libXpm.dll] Error 1

Any hints ???

Ciao
  Volker

-- 
___________________________________________________________________________

   "Is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse ..."

                                                 Dr. Volker Zell
      __ /  _  /  __  / ___/  /    ___/          -- Senior Dozent --
     /  /  /__/  /_  / /     /    __/            Oracle Germany
   ____/__/ _|__/ __/____/ ____/____/            Paul-Thomas-Str.58 
                                                 D-40599 D|sseldorf
   e-Mail: mailto:[email-masked]
   WWW:    http://trgsund4.de.oracle.com/
   Tel:    (+49) 211-74839-414                   
   Fax:    (+49) 211-74839-44
___________________________________________________________________________

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily 
represent those of Oracle Corporation.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".