Subject: emacs: standard input is not a tty
From: [email-masked] (David Starks-Browning)

10 Dec 1998 07:10:26 -0800
Message-ID: <13935.5683.658000.626855.cygnus.gnu-win32@BRYCE>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Greetings,

I've got cygwin-b20.1 (full.exe) and nt-emacs 20.3.3.1 (aka 20.4
pretest) running on NT SP4.

How can I get "emacs -nw" to work in a bash (cygnus.bat) shell?  It
works fine in the NT Command Prompt (cmd.exe).  In bash, emacs
complains that "standard input is not a tty".  I've tried

	SET CYGWIN=tty

in cygnus.bat, but to no effect.  Any suggestions?

(The eventual plan is to use Sergey Okhapkin's remote.tar, with inetd
running as a service for telnetd.  Then I can telnet into my NT
workstation and run emacs there in character mode.  Has anyone else
done this successfully?)

This has come up before on the gnu-win32 list, but I found no solution
posted.  Any suggestions?  I would *really* like to be able to run
nt-emacs from a remote telnet session.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
David

 -------------------------------------------------------------------
  David Starks-Browning                  | [email-masked]
  EMBL Outstation --                     |
  The European Bioinformatics Institute  |
  Wellcome Trust Genome Campus           | tel: +44 (1223) 494 616
  Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD, UK       | fax: +44 (1223) 494 468
 -------------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".