Subject: Re: _ctype_ undefined?
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

10 Dec 1998 05:06:12 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: Mark Fitzgerald <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Mark Fitzgerald <[email-masked]> writes:
> I'm trying to port a game I'm writing from Borland C++ 5.01 to Cygwin
> B20.1.  I've managed to work around windowsx macro problems by overwriting
> cygnus' windowsx.h with Borland's (Why are so many macros missing?),
> albeit with many warnings.  However, I cannot get my program to compile
> without dependence on cygwin1.dll.  I try:

If you contribute missing stuff for the headers, that'll be great. You
can't of course just copy from a vendor header since that will violate
licensing restrictions in most cases (and then you'll see why so much
stuff is missing!). By the way, Anders Norlander has a new/alternate set 
of headers/libs for win32api that may be of interest. Search the mailing 
list for messages from Anders.

> 
> gcc *.o abc.coff -mno-cygwin -mwindows -lcomctl32 -lwsock32 -o abc.exe
> 
> and I get:
> 
> gcc *.o abc.coff -mno-cygwin -mwindows -lcomctl32 -lwsock32 -o abc.exe
> abc.o: In function `SelectPlayersProc(void *, unsigned int, unsigned
> int, long)':
> /Data/Programming/cygwin/ABC_Cygwin_Port/abc.cpp:1264: undefined
> reference to `_ctype_'

That means you're picking up cygwin <ctype.h> instead of the mingw
one. Are you compiling with -mno-cygwin as well? Check the include
paths searched with `gcc -v' and also the actual headers referenced
using `gcc -H'. If all else fails, just get the egcs 1.1 distrib for
mingw32.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".