Subject: Re: Windows Resource Scripts
From: [email-masked] (Mark Fitzgerald)

10 Dec 1998 01:36:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Mark Fitzgerald <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Timothy Legge <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Timothy Legge wrote:

> Hi
> 
> Is there any information available on how to create a Windows program that
> uses a resource file.

A little.  The FAQ mentions that a COFF file can be produced from a textal
RC file using 'windres'.  Type 'windres --help' to get some basic info. 
Aside from taking a few minutes to get the command-line parameters right,
it worked well for me.  I used output for COFF, not RES.

(Aside: what can I use RES files for with the cygwin tools?)

> My application that compiles with Visual C++ 5.0 makes use of a menu and a
> Dialog.  Any ideas how to compile it with gnuwin32 gcc.
> 
> Tim

Once you have compiled your .rc file into a .coff file, then just add the
..coff file to the set of object files to be linked together by the linker.

That should be it.

Mark

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".