Subject: _ctype_ undefined?
From: [email-masked] (Mark Fitzgerald)

9 Dec 1998 00:12:21 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

I'm trying to port a game I'm writing from Borland C++ 5.01 to Cygwin
B20.1.  I've managed to work around windowsx macro problems by overwriting
cygnus' windowsx.h with Borland's (Why are so many macros missing?),
albeit with many warnings.  However, I cannot get my program to compile
without dependence on cygwin1.dll.  I try:

gcc *.o abc.coff -mno-cygwin -mwindows -lcomctl32 -lwsock32 -o abc.exe

and I get:

gcc *.o abc.coff -mno-cygwin -mwindows -lcomctl32 -lwsock32 -o abc.exe
abc.o: In function `SelectPlayersProc(void *, unsigned int, unsigned
int, long)':
/Data/Programming/cygwin/ABC_Cygwin_Port/abc.cpp:1264: undefined
reference to `_ctype_'
/Data/Programming/cygwin/ABC_Cygwin_Port/abc.cpp:1292: undefined
reference to `_ctype_'
/Data/Programming/cygwin/ABC_Cygwin_Port/abc.cpp:1321: undefined
reference to `_ctype_'
/Data/Programming/cygwin/ABC_Cygwin_Port/abc.cpp:1394: undefined
reference to `_ctype_'
/Data/Programming/cygwin/ABC_Cygwin_Port/abc.cpp:1422: undefined
reference to `_ctype_'
abc.o:/Data/Programming/cygwin/ABC_Cygwin_Port/abc.cpp:1451: more
undefined references to `_ctype_' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [a.exe] Error 1

Any ideas?  The lines referenced are things like:

if (!isdigit(buffer[pos++])) {

Mark Fitzgerald

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".