Subject: rebuild b20.1 fails
From: [email-masked] (Laurent Charles)

8 Dec 1998 20:40:21 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
 boundary="------------1585A063B360359F438552BB"
To: gnu-win32 <[email-masked]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------1585A063B360359F438552BB
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi all,

I saw several success report in the list about b20.1.
I do confirm that the b20.1 binary work well.

However, I could not use them to recompile the whole source package.
Actually, the compilation (configure ; make all install) works perfectly
well.

Though the new tools can't run.
I get a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION when I run a simple 'gcc -v' or 'make
-v' with the just-compiled tools.
--- The error ---
[main] D:\build-cygwin\tmp-cdk\bin\gcc.exe 1016 (0) handle_exceptions:
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
[main] gcc 1016 (0) handle_exceptions: Dumping stack trace to
gcc.exe.core

with a popup windows which says: 'The instruction at 0x00000000
referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.'
---
It looks like a loader or linker problem to me...???

I use the 'full.exe' installation. Nothing else.
My machine is NT-4.0 SP3.
'uname -a' gives 'CYGWIN_NT-4.0 PCOD924 20.1 (0.3/1/1) 1998-12-3
20:39:18 i686 unknown'
The result of 'cygcheck -s -v' and 'gcc.exe.core' are attached for those
who would like to have a look.

I saw that Alexei Karpov seem to face the same problem.
There must be an obvious thing I don't see...

Any hint?

Thank you for you help.

--Laurent
--------------1585A063B360359F438552BB
Content-Type: application/x-unknown-content-type-txtfile;
 name="cygcheck.log"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="cygcheck.log"

--------------1585A063B360359F438552BB
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii;
 name="gcc.exe.core"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="gcc.exe.core"

[main] gcc 1023 (0) exception: trapped!
[main] gcc 1023 (0) exception: code 0xC0000005 at 0x0
[main] gcc 1023 (0) exception: ax 0x0 bx 0xFFFFFFFF cx 0x61063218 dx 0xA030B28
[main] gcc 1023 (0) exception: si 0x2 di 0x245F700 bp 0x245F698 sp 0x245F66C
[main] gcc 1023 (0) exception: exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: Stack trace:
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 0: sp = 0x245F480, pc = 0x6100A263
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 1: sp = 0x245F4BC, pc = 0x77F94512
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 2: sp = 0x245F4E0, pc = 0x77F88EEB
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 3: sp = 0x245F56C, pc = 0x77F76266
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 4: sp = 0x245F698, pc = 0x6105EAC6
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 5: sp = 0x245F6AC, pc = 0x6105D2D6
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 6: sp = 0x245F6C8, pc = 0x6105226B
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 7: sp = 0x245F6E8, pc = 0x610580A1
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 8: sp = 0x245FB60, pc = 0x610581D9
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 9: sp = 0x245FE00, pc = 0x610580DC
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 10: sp = 0x245FE18, pc = 0x610524DC
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 11: sp = 0x245FE2C, pc = 0x40482D
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 12: sp = 0x245FEBC, pc = 0x40C926
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 13: sp = 0x245FF28, pc = 0x610043E2
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 14: sp = 0x245FF88, pc = 0x61004400
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: frame 15: sp = 0x245FF94, pc = 0x40FD7E
[main] gcc 1023 (0) stack: End of stack trace (more stack frames may be present)

--------------1585A063B360359F438552BB--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".