Subject: Linker error
From: [email-masked] (Joost Kraaijeveld)

8 Dec 1998 18:57:04 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Below is the output of a compilation. Can anyone give me am idea where I
must look for the error?

Joost Kraaijeveld

Askesis B.V.
Groenewoudeseweg 46
6524VB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063
fax: 024-3608416
web: www.askesis.nl

c++  -I../../backend -I../../include -I../../interfaces/libpq -I../../includ
e -I../../backend   -O2 -g  -I/usr/local/include -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes 
  -c pgenv.cc -o pgenv.o
c++  -I../../backend -I../../include -I../../interfaces/libpq -I../../includ
e -I../../backend   -O2 -g  -I/usr/local/include -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes 
  -c pgconnection.cc -o pgconnection.o
c++  -I../../backend -I../../include -I../../interfaces/libpq -I../../includ
e -I../../backend   -O2 -g  -I/usr/local/include -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes 
  -c pgtransdb.cc -o pgtransdb.o
c++  -I../../backend -I../../include -I../../interfaces/libpq -I../../includ
e -I../../backend   -O2 -g  -I/usr/local/include -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes 
  -c pgcursordb.cc -o pgcursordb.o
c++  -I../../backend -I../../include -I../../interfaces/libpq -I../../includ
e -I../../backend   -O2 -g  -I/usr/local/include -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes 
  -c pglobject.cc -o pglobject.o
dlltool --export-all --output-def pq++.def pgenv.o pgconnection.o
pgtransdb.o pgcursordb.o pglobject.o
dllwrap -o pq++.dll --dllname pq++.dll --def pq++.def pgenv.o pgconnection.o
pgtransdb.o pgcursordb.o pglobject.o ../../utils/dllinit.o  -L../libpq -lpq
pgenv.o: In function `__default_alloc_template<0, 0>::chunk_alloc(unsigned
int, int &)':
/usr/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq++/D:\\Unix\\Root\\cygnus\\CYGWIN~1\\H-I5
86~1\\bin\\..\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i586-cygwin32\\egcs-2.91.57\\..\\..\\..\\..\\..
\\include\\g++\\stl_alloc.h(.text$oom_malloc__t23__malloc_alloc_template1i0U
i+0x16): undefined reference to `cerr'
/usr/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq++/D:\\Unix\\Root\\cygnus\\CYGWIN~1\\H-I5
86~1\\bin\\..\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i586-cygwin32\\egcs-2.91.57\\..\\..\\..\\..\\..
\\include\\g++\\stl_alloc.h(.text$oom_malloc__t23__malloc_alloc_template1i0U
i+0x1b): undefined reference to `ostream::operator<<(char const *)'
/usr/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq++/D:\\Unix\\Root\\cygnus\\CYGWIN~1\\H-I5
86~1\\bin\\..\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i586-cygwin32\\egcs-2.91.57\\..\\..\\..\\..\\..
\\include\\g++\\stl_alloc.h(.text$oom_malloc__t23__malloc_alloc_template1i0U
i+0x24): undefined reference to `endl(ostream &)'
/usr/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq++/D:\\Unix\\Root\\cygnus\\CYGWIN~1\\H-I5
86~1\\bin\\..\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i586-cygwin32\\egcs-2.91.57\\..\\..\\..\\..\\..
\\include\\g++\\stl_alloc.h(.text$replace__t12basic_string3ZcZt18string_char
_traits1ZcZt24__default_alloc_template2b0i0UiUiPCcUi+0x1f): undefined
reference to `__out_of_range(char const *)'
pgenv.o: In function `_5PgEnv':
/usr/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq++/D:\\Unix\\Root\\cygnus\\CYGWIN~1\\H-I5
86~1\\bin\\..\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i586-cygwin32\\egcs-2.91.57\\..\\..\\..\\..\\..
\\include\\g++\\std/bastring.h:75: undefined reference to
`__length_error(char const *)'
pgconnection.o: In function `_12PgConnection':
/usr/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq++/pgconnection.cc:34: undefined
reference to `__out_of_range(char const *)'
/usr/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq++/pgconnection.cc:34: undefined
reference to `__length_error(char const *)'
/usr/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq++/pgconnection.cc:35: undefined
reference to `__out_of_range(char const *)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
dllwrap: gcc exited with status 1
make: *** [libpq++.a] Error 1

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".